Share This Article
Use of Radar detectors is becoming increasingly common these days. From helping you save yourself from a speeding ticket to alerting you of an accident that might have occurred in your route, radar detectors have become more of a necessity than anything else and with their increasing popularity, you see a new radar detector being launched every other day. This means there are a lot of options that you can choose from, however having many choices more often than not get you confused. So we here at MyRadarDetector to make your job easier, bring you a detailed review of one such radar detector that has received great reviews from a number of users, the Cobra DSP 9200 BT.
COBRA DSP 9200 BT Review & Suggestions
Features of COBRA DSP 9200 BT
- Amazing Performance – Detects all radar, laser guns, and cameras.
- Impeccable Accuracy – Minimizes false alerts with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology which is said to be the next level of accurate radar detection.
- A Powerful Community – The Cobra’s iRadar app along with community-based detection provide real-time alerts, upcoming Speed & Red Light Cameras, Live Police Activity, Radar & Laser Guns and Caution Areas reported by other iRadar users.
- Stay One Step Ahead – The radar detector pulls data from Cobra’s powerful servers and complex algorithms and alerts you of any upcoming threats.
- Additional Technologies – SpeedMute, Auto Mute Mode, QuietDrive, AutoCity, CAS Immunity and TFS Rejection are some of the other features the Cobra detector comes with that help in reducing false alerts.
The DSP9200BT is the first digital detector from Cobra. This helps in improving the detection range and performance of previous models. The use of use of digital signal processing (DSP) also allows for precise notifications through to identify real alerts and minimize false alarms from noise for better alert reliability and frequency.
Dimensions of COBRA DSP 9200 BT
- Weight- .20 lb (89 g.)
- Height- 1.10 in. (28 mm)
- Width- 2.28 in. (57.9 mm)
- Depth- 3.35 in. (85.1 mm)
The DSP 9200 BT solves a very common problem that users face after buying a radar detector, its size. Usually, a radar detector is relatively bigger in size but the DSP 920 BT, on the other hand, is quite small and can be easily installed using a simple USB cord.
The detector comes with a number of Cobra technologies including SpeedMute which turns off unwanted alerts while driving below a set speed so you don’t have to hear them, Auto Mute Mode that you can use to toggle mute on and off entirely, QuietDrive which lets you mute the audio feedback in order to minimize distraction, all with just a push of a button on your smartphone. The detector also comes with a couple of new features like AutoCity which quickly toggles between City and Highway modes and CAS Immunity that allows you to remove all alerts from Collision Avoidance Systems which are used in non-police vehicles.
The DSP 920 BT also comes with an advanced frequency display mode that determines the exact frequencies of signals and alerts the users with a graphics display. All of these make the DSP920 one of the most powerful radar detector on the market.
The DSP 920 BT can connect to the Cobra iRadar community via Bluetooth technology. The detector comes with an iRadar app that allows users to receive speed camera and trap notification, threat areas and verified user-reported alerts of upcoming live police locations and other real-time traffic threat information. The iRadar app also provides users with basic navigation, a car finder and music control features. You can also use the advanced audio routing to run detection, navigation and music apps in concert, either on the car’s stereo or to your Bluetooth headset.
To summarise it all we would definitely recommend you to go for the DSP 920 BT as it has great features, is really compact unlike other radar detectors that are generally bigger in size, and most important is easy to mount and use. However, if you don’t care too much about features like SpeedMute, AutoMute and are just looking for a detector that does its job and is more budget-friendly, then the DSP 920 BT is probably not the right choice for you.